SEO vs PPC – Which Search Marketing Method To Use For Your Business
Confused in the way towards magnifying your brand new business venture? Many business owners struggle to win their customers in the initial phase. Mitigating the cost, maintenance and results from a marketing campaign needs effort. In most situations, every Online Marketing agency offers two marketing strategies: 1) Search Engine Optimization, and 2) Pay-Per-Click campaigns. However, which one would be suitable for your business? In this blog, we’ve outlined the best results you can expect to achieve with the help of these core acquisition approaches. We’ve also described the pros and cons of the techniques along with the verdict on which marketing method to choose and why.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization refers to the process used to improve a website’s visibility in search results— it makes the site rank to earn organic traffic on search engines. It’s all similar to your action of making a new search to find the best restaurant, or the best salon near you, with your favourite search engines like Google or Bing. The right SEO company in Perth helps you improve the possibilities of the target audience finding you when a user hits Google search related to related products or services. At least 60% of marketers state that SEO and inbound content form the most used sources of leads in marketing activities.
SEO: Pros & Cons
Pros of SEO:
- Cost Effective: SEO never comes easy or as a bargained strategy. However, they are cost-effective when compared to various other marketing techniques.
- Retained Brand Awareness: Organic SEO gives long-lasting results. It might consume time to bring results but grows eventually with time to produce greater results.
- Elevates brand trust: Many users skip paid ads and go for search engines to derive organic results for the search queries they search. It earns reputation and trust in the brand, thereby improving CTR.
- High-end ROI: As SEO is organic and free, ROI is higher than when compared to the other marketing strategy.
- Improved CPC: SEO offers higher Cost-Per-Click ( CPR) as it involves no charges for every click.
Cons of SEO:
- Time-consuming process: SEO is organic and it takes time to reveal the results.
- Demands reliable content: SEO demands unique yet relevant content to let people read or share the content.
- Continuous process: SEO is never an all-in-one solution to your marketing problems. It takes time and works for you only if you keep up with the processes.
When should you Invest in SEO?
Use SEO only in the below conditions:
- When you have low marketing budgets
- If you wish to build the authority of your brand
- If you are looking to scale up the long-term ROI ( Return On Investment)
- You wish to build content that hits the audience at various stages of the marketing funnel.
What is PPC?
PPC: Pros & Cons
Pros of PPC
- Boosts Visibility: Google keeps the paid ads above organic results, which steals the eyeballs.
- Targeted marketing technique: PPC makes it possible to target the consumers through the right set of brands, keywords, demographics, devices and so on.
- Improves the page rankings: Paid ads are known to us. Whether we click them or not, they remain in the top areas of Search Engine Results Pages ( SERPs).
- Total control over the marketing strategy: You can choose what keywords to include, Call to Action and the landing page.
- Scales visibility: If you choose the visual ads, you can enhance the recall value and CTR.
- Quick results: After the PPC campaign starts, you can gain immediate results— can be through clicks, conversion, traffic etc.
Cons of PPC
- Demands cost of investment: Once you stop spending on paid ads, the results stop automatically. The traffic, clicks and conversions stop with it.
- People don’t trust them: It’s not easy to convince people about the trustworthiness of paid ads.
- ROI was not that encouraging: ROI might not be very encouraging as you expect, since you would need to spend more to earn more.
Discover the secret to skyrocketing your website traffic in 2023 with these 21 SEO tips
When should you invest in PPC?
You can get the best results from PPC in the following situations:
- You need quick results
- The product you the market is novel or the first different launch
- You need to promote a discount or time-sensitive seasonal offer
- You wish to lead the audience to a landing page or a sales page
SEO Vs PPC: Which method brings more traffic to your website?
If you wonder which visitor is most likely to convert ie. a visitor through PPC ads or an organic search. Conversion could involve signing up for a newsletter, purchase, or any other CTA. If your ads are optimized and targeted as required, a PPC visitor is potentially convertible compared to a visitor who comes from organic search. A web page ranks for various keywords, even other than those intended initially. Hence every visitor might not view the content in the same way it gets presented on the web page. Sometimes, your efforts for Digital Marketing in Perth with PPC campaigns can bring only clicks from visitors who are 100% interested in your products.
The Bottom Line
The conclusion is that you require both SEO and PPC to carry out your marketing campaigns. PPC brings faster outcomes, hence you can use a PPC campaign, test the keywords that convert the best, and use SEO to rank your pages for those selected keywords. The right SEO Company in Perth recommends PPC when you need to present a high-converting product while SEO is when you have a low budget to spend on ads. SEO could take time for the results but are long-lasting while PPC stops traffic when you stop spending on clicks. If you’re in search of the best solutions for Digital marketing in Perth and successfully run your campaigns for business growth, contact us today.